Sunday, March 25, 2012

Romaine Lettuce Juice :D

For the weekend I took a juice break since I was super busy and I washed the juicer really well and didn't want to get it dirty. Today I got back on the juicing train and tried romaine lettuce. I usually make enough for just one good glass but today I liked it so much I made a double . Even my one year old daughter likes it! Ok so I did my usual mix of one apple (green granny smith is recommended on most juicing sites), a pear, and a mango. In general mangos and strawberries really add good flavor to veggie juices. I added about 3 stalks of the romaine lettuce as well. I also add about half a cup of purified water to the juicer after. It gets all the little bits of juice out of the juicer and cleans the blade. I tasted it and voila another juicing success. So i decided to make more, enough to fill my carafe (small pitcher). In the second mix I added even more romaine lettuce since the flavor wasn't too bitter or strong. In the end I ended up using about half of the romaine lettuce head for all of it. I added another pear and 2 fiji apples. I tasted that one before I added it to the first mix and it tasted great  too, however I feel the original mix was best with the mango. I mixed the two together and poured some into my daughters sippie cup  with a bit of filtered water and she loved it! Just an FYI to anyone who wants to add mangos to their juice, there is a really hard center that is the seed but it kind of blends with the fruit so you have to cut the pieces off around it and juice the pieces, but do NOT put the seed in the juicer even if it says you can put the fruit in whole. I hope this helps someone. I think Romaine is a veggie that I can add in larger quantities over time and really get used to the flavor quickly. Happy Juicing. Oh and if anyone has tried anything that I have yet to try please share. I would love suggestions

No comments:

Post a Comment